Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Seasonal Stitches

A friend in Maine belongs to a knitting group called the Knit Wits. Every year, on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, they hold a sale of work to benefit their helping fund, which is used to help people who have unexpected expenses or who need a bit of help. On Friday, I sent a few things for this year's sale. I just got word that the envelope arrived today, so it got there in good time. Yay!

I stayed with a winter holiday theme. I couldn't resist an Irish rose...
 ...or snowflakes
I included a couple of ornaments, one of which was a simple tree that I did not photograph. The other was a combination of needle felting, crochet, cross stitch, and French knots.
I put a couple pair of earrings in the envelope, too.
I am sure there will be an abundance of wonderful handmade items at the sale and I hope it's a huge success! Kudos to the Knit Wits for doing this every year and for being there for people who need a helping hand!

No comments: