Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Green and Red

Signs of autumn are becoming more abundant now. I am always on the lookout for the first yellow leaf on the trees and I've been following the progress of one tree in particular for some weeks now. I'm seeing more and more yellow every morning when I look out the window. Now the red is coming on, too.

I don't know what this is, but it's very striking.

The bottom one is spreading--there are several new plants popping up all around it.

This one's growing right out of the wall.
Leaves are starting to drop.
One shop was showing their support for Tyrone in the All-Ireland Football Final, but Dublin won again--4 in a row for them.
And in a slightly different, but related sort of green, I saw this sign in Lidl this morning.
There is still too much plastic, especially in the fruit and veg section, but Lidl does seem to be actually trying to increase the amount and number of items sold loose, which is a good thing. Other stores talk about doing this, but I've not seen much of it actually happening.

I hope it's a colourful day in your part of the world, too.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Liking that creeping red/green . . ,
Our only real sign of fall, in amongst ALL the rain storms would be
tons and tons of acorns. Interesting it is . . . most of them are green instead of the usual brown.