The other day when we were in Donegal Town, we had time to kill before the library re-opened after lunch, so we went into the Animals in Need charity shop. I often find great necklaces there to deconstruct for parts and this was no exception. I found one that was a string of large turquoise beads and one that consisted of a chain with 5 black metal flowers joined together. As I was taking them apart, I glanced at the table with the 5 flowers sitting there and thought of Halloween. After I put away the various beads, chains, and clasps that remained from necklace deconstruction, I went to my embroidery floss and kumihimo disk, choosing orange and black thread and setting up the disk. I spent a very enjoyable evening braiding with the Halloween colours and listening to podcasts as I thought about whether I wanted to add anything else at the end. I decided to keep it simple and just attach one of the metal flowers to the braid, which I made long enough to slip over the head without a clasp. I was working on other things for a couple of days, but I finished the braid this morning and sewed the flower on. I love the simplicity of it.