Monday, June 15, 2020

Finally! FO to FO

Just over a year ago, we visited Creeslough for a few days. As we always do, we walked around to various places, just to see what we would see. One day, we walked to Doe Castle. On the way, I spotted this on the side of the road and picked it up.
I knew this would be fun to use somehow, so I carried it to Doe Castle and back to our 'glamping villa.' Then I considered how I would carry it home on buses and in a full backpack. I didn't want to carry it lest the end stab myself or someone else and I didn't want it to punch through my pack, either. I ended up wrapping the bottom with a couple of cardboard cores from loo rolls and tying it with some yarn I had. Then I carefully placed this wrapped end in a yogurt jar and set this on the bottom of my backpack along the back before packing everything else. It worked well and I got it home with no damage to anyone or anything else. I poured boiling water over it a couple of times and wiped it down

Then I considered what to do with it. I knew it would be a plant poke, but went back and forth and round and round about what to put in the ring. Nothing settled, so I just stuck it out of the way. When we moved, I stuck it in a new out-of-the-way place until the other day, when I decided it was time to actually make this FO (found object) an FO (finished object). I opted for a small bit of crocheted lace with a pineapple design.

I'm happy with the end result and it looks nice in the window.
If I decide at some point that I want something else, I can remove the lace and add a different piece of work, but for now, I'm glad to have finally turned the FO into an FO!


8 comments:

Brenda said...

That is so lovely. Gorgeous.

JFM said...

Brilliant!!!
I love it!
You are so talented Shari ☕

Shari Burke said...

Thank you both! :-)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lowcarb team member said...

That does look lovely, and I do like the colour.

All the best Jan

Joy said...

I really love this!

One of my cousins did an idea like this but with hat and clear umbrella 'frames'. (She made them out of various kinds of wire.) Did you tat this or use crochet needles or? I also like the colour =) I think it's so fun that on one of your nice trips you could 'add-to' something 'found' and 'make it a lovely household item to make your memory of your time there that much more sweet =) <3

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Joy. It's crocheted--size 20 crochet thread and 1.4 mm hook :-)

Joy said...

Wow!
You amaze me that you can work with those smaller size hooks/yarn/thread!
I guess my eyes don't correct enough to really see them anymore?
I've fiddled with it a few times but my special lamp seems to be losing it's recharge-ability.
I'll look forward to seeing you make more things like this because it really is so pretty!