Thursday, January 4, 2018

Small Stitches

I've done a couple of small stitching projects over the past couple of days.

The first one was a simple embellishment of a pendant Bill picked up at a local charity shop. It was on a chain, which I removed, saving the clasp and the chain separately for use in future projects. Then I added a simple crocheted edging using size 10 crochet cotton and a size 7 steel hook.
Some of the glass pieces have open backs so the light comes through. I added a hanger and hung it on a plant in the kitchen window. Makes me smile when I look at it.

I finished this card this morning and it will be off in the post shortly.
It's a piece of cross stitch with a small bit of sea glass attached, sewn to a piece of acid-free watercolour paper. I wrote the message on the back. I was stitching away, section by section, when I happened to notice something a bit off on the chart. I looked more closely and saw that there was a mistake and one bit was out of alignment. I had to rip out a few stitches, add one, and redo the ripped-out bit, but it was an easy fix.

As usual, I have some big projects that are ongoing, but it's nice to interrupt work on those once in a while and do something different.

Hope it's a wonderful day in your part of the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I love cross stitch. I also love this pendant that you have enhanced. Beautiful.