Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thank the Hosts

Yesterday's post brought an envelope from Tesco. It was our voucher (coupon) for the quarter, along with some ad stuff, which naturally was all about Christmas. We rarely shop at Tesco, but when we do we swipe our club card and we use Tesco mobile pay-as-you-go for our phones and that is also tied to our club card. I still have not had to top up after putting 15 euro on the phone when I got it almost 2 1/2 years ago and Bill has topped up once or twice on his phone, which we got the day after we arrived in the country, so our voucher was only 1.50, but as they say, every little helps. Some day when we're in Letterkenny, we'll pick up some coffee and use it.

I did find some of the other stuff in the envelope amusing. Tesco's holiday ad theme this year is, 'Thank the Hosts,' which is a nice sentiment. People who host holiday parties and meals do a lot of work and they should be appreciated and thanked, but I am not sure this needs to be done using a piece of stationary with a Tesco logo, which was included with our voucher.
I laughed when I saw the disclaimer at the bottom.
Ah well, it will be a festive bit of scrap paper and I am sure I will find a use for the accompanying envelope.


No comments: